A GAZEBO OF JOURNEYS AND RANDOM THOUGHTS OF AN AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER AND WRITER. Life is a series of pictures. Some blurred, others vivid and sharp; some are panoramic while others are close-up views with tiny little flaws. You may be taken by a luxurious DSLR camera or a plain Point and Shoot Cam, but in the end, when all of the films are used up and all batteries empty, people all have one thing in common: what we leave are footprints in the sand, pictures in the album, and flashes of memories.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

HINULUGANG TAKTAK

How to commute: From Antipolo church, ride a tricycle going to hinulugang taktak.
Fare: P40.

Entrance fee: P8 for adults, P5 for students
Swimmingfee: P15
Picnic shed: P50
Umbrella shed: P50
Picnic table: P15 

This has become famous since it is featured in the theme song Tayo na sa Antipolo (Let’s go to Antipolo) 

“Tayo na sa Antipolo 
at doon maligo tayo 
sa batis na kung tawagin 
ay Hinulugang Taktak 
at doon tayo kumain 
ng mangga, suman, kasoy at balimbing…” 


It is a National Park but sad to say, this natural beauty was not properly valued. I was already warned by my aunt about the environmental damage it has undergone due to the carelessness of the inhabitants near it. Yet I still wanted to go and see for myself so I got prepared for the stench (as most feedbacks say it has). 

It was a long journey to the location and upon arriving, I had the first impression of “dilapidation”. It was in seclusion and I can imagine an eerie atmosphere when evening comes. The rusty gate with the sign “Entrance Fee: 8 pesos” and the moss-covered walls welcomed us. But when I entered, nature unfolded. I heard the faint sound of the falls, but to my surprise, I could smell no stench at all. As I descended on a flight of stairs, the ‘ssshh’ sound of the water falling amongst the rocks grew louder and louder. I reached the foot and the Hinulugang Taktak loomed into view...




It was a beautiful site. Breath-taking! Ecstatic! 
The only flaw I’ve noticed is the chocolate-colored water at the base of the falls. (that reminded me of Milo or Chuckie. He-he-he) But my aunt said, maybe it was because of the hard rain on the previous day. 


I hope that’s true. And I hope that the people there got ‘renewed’, enlightened about its value. 
The Hinulugang Taktak is currently trying to recover. 

And this serves as our calling to fulfil our duty as nature’s ambassadors. 
Support and protect the world. Save mother earth.




-------------------------------
A travel that satisfies the heart 
and fills the brain with cherished memories. 
This is TRAVEL-licious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
jessaCAPTURES by Mikimz Rosete is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.