A GAZEBO OF JOURNEYS AND RANDOM THOUGHTS OF AN AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER AND WRITER. Life is a series of pictures. Some blurred, others vivid and sharp; some are panoramic while others are close-up views with tiny little flaws. You may be taken by a luxurious DSLR camera or a plain Point and Shoot Cam, but in the end, when all of the films are used up and all batteries empty, people all have one thing in common: what we leave are footprints in the sand, pictures in the album, and flashes of memories.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

MAASIN CITY CATHEDRAL at CHRISTMAS


This is the Our Lady of Assumption Parish in Maasin City, Southern Leyte (my hometown)








Some glimpses of its interior:
the altar
pews
the stained-glass window
antique chandelier


And every December, there in the altar, behold the ADVENT WREATH...


I saw this Advent Wreath the morning I attended the first Novena Dawn Mass in our Cathedral. Legend has it, that if a person completes the Nine Novena Dawn Masses (or popularly known as Nine Mornings) with the addition of the Misa de Gallo (the mass on the day of Jesus' birthday), his wishes will be granted.





So, I attended the mass at 4AM and as expected, the church was jammed with Maasinhons (the people in Maasin). Good thing I brought my own chair, and remarkably, I neither got tired nor sleepy. Whoo-hoo!


I want to complete the Nine Mornings.
I want to hear the mass everyday.
I want to make my wishes come true.
Hopefully.



Advent means coming or arrival.
Christians all over the world prepares for four weeks (as symbolized by the 4 candles) before commemorating the birthday of Jesus on the 25th.

Joy to the world the Lord has come,
Let earth receive her King.

2 comments:

Naozumi said...

It's a fantastic:-)

jessrosete said...

thanks Naozumi! :) Have a merry Christmas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
jessaCAPTURES by Mikimz Rosete is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.